We want you to join the conversation.
Pitches we want:
- First-person essays and articles on mental health, physical health, disability, sex toys, parenting, creativity, and interviews on the previous topics all in relation to sex work.
- New topics that haven’t been posted about before and content that contains advice will be prioritized.
- We will only publish pieces from the perspective of the person with the lived experience of the subject, for example: when writing about disability, a disabled person’s voice will be prioritised over the voice of a non-disabled person. We feel there aren’t enough platforms for marginalised voices, and we’re working hard to fix that.
- We want everyone to feel comfortable and if your post contains gendered language, unless your piece is first person, we will ask you to change it to gender-neutral language – they/them/theirs.
- Unique posts that haven’t been published before.
Pitches we don’t want:
- Academic Papers, Poems or Fiction
- Pitches promoting yourself or someone else, upcoming events, music, books, TV shows, people or films.
- Recaps of TV shows, films or books.
- Stories that have been published online elsewhere
We pay £25 per blog post and will require a proper invoice to be able to pay you. We can pay through Paypal or direct bank transfer (in the UK only).
Disclaimer: Not all pitches will be accepted. Pitches may be edited for clarity, grammar, or spelling. If larger edits are needed the post will be sent back for approval before posting.
The Ruby Umbrella does not accept guest posts on behalf of companies, please view our sponsored posts page.